Today I have my best friend Emily on the podcast! She is a member of Serve Scale Soar and got her start as an entrepreneur seven and a half years ago working with an MLM. In February of this year, she decided to try something different and started a business as a Pinterest manager. She quickly found out she loved building and designing funnels. On today’s episode, we will be discussing what it’s been like transitioning to this new business and the freedom she has been given now that she has her own online business.
Make sure you tune in to the episode because it’s a great one!
- What Emily started out doing in her business and how she quickly found out what she loved.
- Her journey of trying many different things to figure out what she did and didn’t like to offer
- How letting go of a client actually allows you to bless another VA with work doing what they love!
- The process she went through letting her client go
- How and why she took on new clients before she let her old ones go.
- How her health journey affected her mindset and direct sales business.
- How she used the skills she learned in her direct sales business and transitioned them to her online business.
- How a snow day in Seattle turned into “trying” something new.
- Why you should tread lightly when you suggest trying an online business to others
- Emily discusses the process of starting her new VA business.
- The mindset issues Emily had to overcome when starting her business.
- Why managing your money is important to be able to scale.
- We chat about money and the differences between her direct sales and her new service-based business income
- We discuss identity and how things have changed since leaving her MLM business.
- We discuss the freedom Emily has found working on her service-based business
- Emily discusses the challenges she has had to overcome since transitioning online
- Why celebrating has been so hard for Emily
- Why you don’t always have to put timelines on your goals
- We discuss the favorite part of Emily’s business
- Emily’s favorite business tool >> Clickup! (and why her client suggested she start using it!)
That wraps up today’s episode of the Serve Scale Soar podcast! I know so many of you are going to love Emily’s episode, whether you have been in the MLM/direct sales space or not!
I loved having her on the show so make sure to tune in! See you next week!
Where You Can Find Emily:
Don’t forget to sign up for my free training >> How to Scale to Consistent 10K Months Without Hiring a Team
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today so you don’t miss any future episodes! I already have so many amazing guests and topics lined up, I would hate for you to miss a single one! Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts
Could I ask a big favor? If you are loving the podcast, I would LOVE it if you would leave me a review on Apple Podcasts. I read each and every review. Plus, you get to pay it forward because it will allow other service providers like you to find the podcast! Wondering how to leave a review? Click here to review, then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”. So easy and so appreciated!
Brandi Mowles is the host of the Serve Scale Soar podcast which is a podcast dedicated to helping service-based entrepreneurs scale their online business to five-figure months so they can soar into six-figure years. Brandi is a wife, mom and in less than one year, created a six-figure business. Now she is spilling all her secrets so you can too.