Have you ever had bad results with a client? Maybe you didn’t hit the goals that were set or get the results the client was hoping for. Maybe you were ghosted by a client or they said no to your proposal. Or maybe you had to break ties when they weren’t ok with your price increase or even worse, maybe they wanted to terminate their contract.
There are many things that can go wrong when working with clients, but it happens to everyone at some point in their business. It has happened to me, which you will hear about in today’s episode.
The most important thing is how you bounce back after bad results. This is what will determine and help shape the success of your business.
Make sure to tune in!
- Mindset shifts around “bad” results
- Asking yourself what you can learn from your bad result or failure
- How to avoid using failures as an excuse to move forward
- Figuring out what could have been controlled and what couldn’t
- How to create a checklist to review what happened and what can be done differently next time
- Realizing that you can’t control other people’s actions
- Why you shouldn’t make any permanent decisions when you are in a negative mindset
- Looking at what went wrong and what was the cause and why it’s not always YOUR fault
- The importance of communicating expectations BEFORE you start working together
- Realizing that a “failure” can actually be growth for yourself and your business
- The best way to navigate getting “fired” or breaking ties with a client
- The mindset issues that can pop up when something goes wrong
- Remembering that this is a business- there are lots of different reasons why things don’t work out.
I hope you enjoy today’s episode. “Failures” and bad results will happen at some point in your business. It’s important to remember how to analyze the mistakes and make any needed adjustments moving forward. Your mindset plays a huge role in seeing your “failure” as a learning and growth opportunity.
DM me on Instagram and share a time when things didn’t work out with a client. Maybe you are in a rough spot right now because of something that happened. I would love to walk you through how to navigate it, so be sure to reach out! I love hearing from you guys!
That’s all for this week. See you next week- same place, same time!
Episode 10: Getting Paid on Time With These 3 Simple Tricks
Don’t forget to sign up for my free training >> How to Scale to Consistent 10K Months Without Hiring a Team
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today so you don’t miss any future episodes! I already have so many amazing guests and topics lined up, I would hate for you to miss a single one! Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts
Could I ask a big favor? If you are loving the podcast, I would LOVE it if you would leave me a review on Apple Podcasts. I read each and every review. Plus, you get to pay it forward because it will allow other service providers like you to find the podcast! Wondering how to leave a review? Click here to review, then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”. So easy and so appreciated!
Brandi Mowles is the host of the Serve Scale Soar podcast which is a podcast dedicated to helping service-based entrepreneurs scale their online business to five-figure months so they can soar into six-figure years. Brandi is a wife, mom and in less than one year, created a six-figure business. Now she is spilling all her secrets so you can too.