Do you need a step by step plan to set yourself up for your best year yet as we move into 2020? If so, you are going to LOVE this week’s episode. I recently did a Facebook Live and I had such amazing feedback I decided to turn it into a podcast episode. You asked, so I delivered!
I firmly believe that you should create a business that is structured around your family and not the other way around. Today’s episode will deep dive into how to create a plan for 2020 and have goals that have everything to do with putting your family first.
- The importance of planning as a service provider
- Planning your year can actually give you MORE time to be flexible and spontaneous
- Start by reflecting on your previous year: what worked and didn’t work, what did you love and not love about your business?
- Brainstorm how you can cut out or delegate things you didn’t love about your business
- Figure out how you can schedule a time to plan: away from the kids, your husband and work so you won’t have distractions
- Get ready to brain dump! List out all your ideas and plans on one master list. Don’t limit yourself! Get it all out on paper.
- Time to pull out the calendar: Fill in all of your family appointments, vacations, and school activities FIRST
- Next up, fill in all of your events, conferences, and major dates for your business.
- Why you need to know when your current contracts are ending
- Fill in any launches and/or affiliate opportunities you want to participate in
- Review your month and see where your white space is. Are you leaving enough white space for yourself?
- After you have your calendar filled out, it’s time to get out your brain dump and schedule out projects based on your availability. Schedule 1-3 projects per month or quarter based on the size of the project.
Did you listen to the episode yet? I hope you take time to listen because this episode is packed full of examples to help you plan so please make sure to check it out! I hope this gave you actionable items so you can set yourself up for your best year yet!
I truly believe that 2020 is going to be your year! If you want more support in 2020 I encourage you to go and register for my free training How to Scale to Consistent 10K Months Without Hiring a Team
Don’t forget to sign up for my free training >> How to Scale to Consistent 10K Months Without Hiring a Team
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today so you don’t miss any future episodes! I already have so many amazing guests and topics lined up, I would hate for you to miss a single one! Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts
Could I ask a big favor? If you are loving the podcast, I would LOVE it if you would leave me a review on Apple Podcasts. I read each and every review. Plus, you get to pay it forward because it will allow other service providers like you to find the podcast! Wondering how to leave a review? Click here to review, then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”. So easy and so appreciated!
Brandi Mowles is the host of the Serve Scale Soar podcast which is a podcast dedicated to helping service-based entrepreneurs scale their online business to five-figure months so they can soar into six-figure years. Brandi is a wife, mom and in less than one year, created a six-figure business. Now she is spilling all her secrets so you can too.