I have a challenge for you today! I want you to meet some people in real life. That’s right! Today’s episode is all about meeting people in the flesh. Whether it’s a retreat, a conference, or a local networking event, I will be giving you tips and tricks on how to conquer them all.
You might be thinking…. “There is no way that I am going to a conference with 3,000 people Brandi! That’s why I work from home!” Hear me out! Even if you are an introvert. I used to say the same thing too!
- Why I started out thinking that all conferences were a waste of money
- My first online business conference was in Idaho with less than 300 people!
- Within 35 days of that conference, I booked 6 clients and went from $19,000/month to $30,000/month.
- This conference gave me the opportunity to meet one of my clients in real life and form an even deeper relationship with her.
- I got to meet two of the mentors in my business- Abbey Ashley and Rick Mulready! Crazy right!?
- This conference wasn’t about what I learned, but about the relationships that I built.
- Live events can be truly life-changing… speaking from first-hand experience!
- Conferences can be a great source for finding your ideal clients.
- Conferences are also a great place to network with other service providers in your industry. These connections can turn into great referral sources as well!
- How to determine which conference is for you.
- What size conference is a good match for your business.
- Why I suggest spending more time networking and relationship building than going to sessions.
- What is a retreat and how it’s different than a conference
- What is the purpose of a retreat?
- The importance of coming to a retreat with an open heart and an open mind.
- How you can use local networking events to build your client base
- Growth happens when you are doing something uncomfortable so I encourage you to attend live events even if you don’t want to.
- Attending local events is a low-cost option that doesn’t require a lot of time commitment.
Ok, so after listening to today’s episode, are there any events that you plan to attend in 2020? Do you have any conferences or retreats planned? Are you going to look into doing a local networking event?
Make sure to DM me on Instagram @brandimowles and tell me if you plan to attend any conferences, retreats or networking events soon!
Thanks for tuning in! See you guys next week.
Resources Mentioned on Today’s Episode:
Don’t forget to sign up for my free training >> How to Scale to Consistent 10K Months Without Hiring a Team
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today so you don’t miss any future episodes! I already have so many amazing guests and topics lined up, I would hate for you to miss a single one! Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts
Could I ask a big favor? If you are loving the podcast, I would LOVE it if you would leave me a review on Apple Podcasts. I read each and every review. Plus, you get to pay it forward because it will allow other service providers like you to find the podcast! Wondering how to leave a review? Click here to review, then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”. So easy and so appreciated!
Brandi Mowles is the host of the Serve Scale Soar podcast which is a podcast dedicated to helping service-based entrepreneurs scale their online business to five-figure months so they can soar into six-figure years. Brandi is a wife, mom and in less than one year, created a six-figure business. Now she is spilling all her secrets so you can too.